Friday, August 11, 2006

More underwater adventures


Another bright and beautiful fish that we saw repeatedly was this King Angelfish. You could spot them from far away from their bright colors.

We saw a few sharks around, but one day I was a bit ahead of the pack and suddenly was swimming right next to this very large shark. This picture doesn't do it justice at all, but I have to say, I was a bit scared. As soon as I snapped the picture, I started swimming backwards as fast as possible. This is a white tipped reef shark.

This next one is one of Scott's favorite fish. I called it the army fish because of its pattern, but its real name is the Hieroglyphic Hawkfish. We only saw a couple of these because they blend in so well.

I'm honestly not sure what this next one is, but we got a pretty good shot, so I wanted to include it. Anyone else know?


Our favorite way to see our sea lion friends was underwater because here they were not shy at all. They were so sweet! They would come right up to us - even be nose to nose with me and start making those same playful kissing movements. At first, I thought they wanted to bite me and was a bit afraid, but then I realized they were justu playing and really liked to be around us. They followed us all over!

No comments: