Friday, May 05, 2006

Santa Elana Cloud Forest

Early on in the hike, there was a tower that we climbed up to have a great view. Here is Scott and I with the Arenal Volanco in the background. This is a volcano that we will be seeing very soon!







There were more of the really cool, huge trees at this park. I climbed close to inside of one, but had to look out to make sure there were no critters. These trees actually will grow on top of existing trees with their roots and will eventually kill the trees that they take over. They are the ficus trees that I posted a few days ago. Cool, eh?








We passed many little streams along the way. I think these streams are probably more like little rivers during the rainy season. The terrain had canyons all throughout, so the hiking kept takign us up and down. I was trying to become Jane here and make Scott Tarzan. :D









The entrance to the park had many hummingbird feeders (or as Scott´s parents might laugh at - bee feeders). There are so many species of hummingbirds down here with so many amazing colors. They are hard to capture on film, though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I see the Hummingbird!!!! What a gorgeous one. That is my Power Animal, so I am energized whenever I see one.