Thursday, May 18, 2006

More in Tortuguero

We saw more birds than you can imagine, but didn´t get nearly enough pictures of them. This is a bird watchers paradise. This lizard looking guy is called a basilisk. They were everywhere, but stayed really still most of the time. Isn´t the term basilisk from some movie or book like Harry Potter? It sounded familiar to me but not as a lizard creature. They do have alligators in Tortuguero, but not in the area we were in. This is a caiman, who is a smaller relative of the alligators. They were everywhere! It was pretty cool to see so many and we even saw a group of baby caimans swimming around.











I´m sure it´s odd to show pictures of boots, but this is again to show how ridiculous our tour guide was. She told us all that we were going for a hike in the forest and that we needed to wear pants and boots because the snakes are very dangerous. It was more hot than I´ve ever been in my life and wearing socks and these rubber boots made us all miserable. When we showed up to go, what was our guide wearing but a tank top, short shorts and flip-flops! It was ridiculous. We were walking on a pretty wide trail and did not need anything like the getup we were wearing. I guess we had some good pictures from it, though. :S I am brushing my hair here with a plant that monkeys often use to brush their hair. Here, I am really living with and like the monkeys! Rebecca - you were right! :D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I think you are turning into a monkey.