Sunday, June 22, 2008

Idyllwild Camping

I'm pretty far behind on blogging, so let me start with 2 weekends ago (and a lot has happened since then - stay posted!) Scott and I went up to one of our favorite camping locations in Idyllwild and camped at the same exact spot as last year, but it was just the 2 of us this time. The beautiful manzinita trees were all around again and this was the first time I saw them blooming - so pretty! We went on a hike after we pitched our tent on Saturday and it kicked our butts. It is another way up to the San Jacinto peak, which we didn't hike all the way to, but this route is a lot steaper than the one Scott and I did about 3 years ago. We hiked probably 9 miles or so and were completely exhausted when we got back to the campsite. But that didn't keep us from making some yummy fajitas, s'mores over the fire and my favorite question game! It was a lot of fun and we were so exhausted the next morning, we weren't able to do another hike. I guess we'll just have to go back sometime soon!









No comments: