Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend with Friends


We had a very low-key long weekend and did a lot of sitting around and doing nothing. It's so nice because I never get to do nothing - whoo hoo! We had Terri and Josh over on Sunday night for wine tasting (so that I can give Kristin recs for her wedding) and just average lasagna. As hard as I try to become a better cook, I guess I just don't do it enough because I never seem to get much better. I guess I'll just keep trying! Two of our favorites from the 7 bottles that we tried were the Z Cuvee from Zaca Mesa and the Michael Pozzan Cabernet. Yummy! Josh and I were having goofy face offs too as you can see here.











We went over to Josh and Monique's today for a Memorial Day BBQ and had a fun time. Houston is getting so grown up and is cuter every time I see him. He must have smiled the whole time we were there - such a happy baby and he just loves to have lots of people around. There's no doubt that he's his father's child -look at how much he loves the Heinz Ketchup! While we were out BBQing, we started seeing words in the sky. It's pretty cool the way they are advertising these days. 5 planes fly in formation and put out smoke in planned intervals to make words - how cool!



No comments: