Monday, February 11, 2008

Trips, skunks and homes

I'm now using the blog as an updater tool since I'm not so good right now at keeping in touch with everyone. I leave for South Africa tomorrow, but wanted to make one last post before I took off for an exciting new adventure (only a week and a half this time, so you'll have updates soon). Scott and I had an offer accepted on a house and are currently in Escrow and trying to get the inspections done. I don't want to post pictures yet in case anything goes wrong in the inspections, but we may possibly be moving into a new house very soon - exciting! Scott's brother has also moved out to San Diego from Wisconsin and is staying with us. I know he's excited to come out to our wonderful weather from very cold Wisconsin in February and we're happy to have him here.


And one last piece of news - we caught a skunk! Well, we didn't actually catch it - a pest control guy did. A couple of weeks ago, Scott and I were sitting around wondering what a new, strong smell was. For the next few days, everywhere we went, people could smell it on us and we smelled it quite a lot every time we came home. Apparently, the skunk was under our apartment and sprayed, maybe from getting into a fight with a cat or raccoon or something, but it must have happened right under our apartment. It was coming up through the heater vent and is still not completely gone. But it was caught and the smell is FINALLY dissipating, so we're also excited to possibly be leaving this place soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just now read your post about the skunk...funny, I did smell something weird on you while we were in South Africa - only kidding. I think that's hilarious that a skunk was under your apartment. Skunk essense means "reputation." So now you've got Reputation.

Love..Nancy Kaye