Sunday, September 02, 2007

College Football is Back!

Usually, this time of year is no fun for me and I dread Scott having plans every Saturday for the next few months to watch games. But now, I'm becoming much more interested in the games myself and am excited for this season of football!

The biggest news was the win of Appalachian State (a I-AA team) against Michigan. This has never happened in football history. A I-AA team has never even beat a top 25-ranked team, much less a number 5 ranked, like Michigan. So, good for you guys - keep on rocking, Appalachian State!

Next, my Alma Matter, Vanderbilt kicked the butts of Richmond, 41-17 - big win! Hopefully we'll have another awesome season like we did last year and maybe even better! Maybe now the students can go to the games not as a date night, but as actual fans of the sport and really cheer for the team!

But the most fun yesterday is my new found team, the Wisconsin Badgers. I've been trying to become a fan since this is Scott's Alma Matter, but until this year, I was just a bystander. We went to the new San Diego Badger bar yesterday and had the MOST fun watching the game as the Badgers beat the Washington State Cougars. And watching their hot quarterback Donovan wasn't so bad either! I have a Badger shirt from when Scott took me to Madison, so I fit in with the fans there, but I also realized that these are my kind of people! Chanting, singing, dancing, cheering and having fun throughout the whole game - loved it! I am now a definite Badger fan and will have more updates for you throughout the season - especially since Scott and I will be going to two games live!

2 comments:

Ian Kirk said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ian Kirk said...

If you like the chanting, singing and general excitement, you've got to come back over to Nashville and hit a Preds (hockey!) game with us! We're the loudest arena in the NHL. :D

(I deleted my comment because it wasn't a sensible nickname)