Saturday, April 05, 2008

Wild Animal Park






My friend, Jo was super sweet and told me about a butterfly exhibit at the Wild Animal Park and since we are both zoo members, we got to go for free! The butterfly exhibit was awesome - we saw so many pretty butterflies. One big one even landed on me and didn't want to leave for quite a while - I was super excited! :-) We were trying to get one to land on Bailie, but next time.
















We also walked around the park and took a bus tour, but still only saw half the park - it's so big! For the bus tour, I felt like I was in Africa again - it's amazing how they have all of these African animals just roaming on San Diego type landscapes - very beautiful too. While we were having lunch, a large owl was being shown and we got to learn all about them. I had to catch a video of the head-bopping. The lions just had cubs and we were able to watch them play - too cute! Enjoy the video!



No comments: