Saturday, July 07, 2007

4th of July


My 4th of July started out with a 10K race and was a nice way to begin the day. Since it was early, it wasn't too hot yet. I ran faster than usual, so it kept me pretty exhausted for the rest of the day, but it was fun, so that was worth it. I went out for a social event because Jimmy and Shelly were running too - they did awesome!








Scott showed up at the beach in OB early to catch a big spot for us and then I met up later in the afternoon. You wouldn't believe the number of people at the beach - it was crazy! We had some nice shade and good company, which made for a nice day. We had a grill too - BBQ AND the beach! :D We stayed through the fireworks, too. I absolutely love fireworks, but even I was a little disappointed because there was a low fog layer and a lot of smoke that prevented us from seeing the ones up high. The low ones were still great, though. Then, imagine that crowd of people all over the city and how hard it must be to get home. It took us an hour and a half to go what would normally take us 10 minutes - craziness! It's all worth it, though.

No comments: