Sunday, February 04, 2007

Whale Watching with Family







Scott and I met Kristin, Wil and Billy (or as I called him, Bob) up at Dana Point to go Whale Watching. It was a really great trip! We saw a lot of both whales and dolphins - also sea lions, our old friends from the Galapagos. It was great to see family and a fun trip. The guys on the boat who have been doing this for years said it is the first time they have seen whales behave in this way. They were playing on the surface of the water with the dolphins and we got so many glances! The video shows some great shots. The whale had shot straight up out of the water at the beginning, but you can barely see it. Then you can see the dolphins playing all around and the whale rolling around - totally awesome! The dolphins were really cool too. I had never seen them with two distinct colors like this. They were swimming and playing all around the boat and let us see them up close. It's hard to get a good photo shot, though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I heard the guide say, "This is the best whale I've ever seen." What a whale of a tale! I wish I was there, Tiffer.

Momma Mika