Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Dim Sum and Quail Botanical Gardens



Aunt Sandee was excited to be in San Diego to have some good cultural food, so we went to an authentic Chinese restaurant for Dim Sum (chinese appetizers). We arrived early and were the only white people in there for a little while. The servers coming around with the carts didn't know how to explain the food in English very well, so we pretty much tried everything. FUN!

We next went to Quail Botanical Gardens up in Leucadia that I had never been to before. It was pretty cool and gave me a lot of names to put with the plants that I see in San Diego every day. The South African garden looked the most simlar because as you can see here, it is so similar to San Diego.


These are a couple of plants that are very common to San Diego. The beautiful bird of paradise and this pretty purple ice plant that is always along the walkways in my neighborhood when I walk/run. The purple is actually a lot brighter, but you can't really tell here.


There are all sorts of other gardens, too. This bottle tree, I think was in a garden from Australia or somewhere around there. The picture of the lush green area and waterfall is... you guessed it - in the rainforest. I saw many plants there that I had seen on my Costa Rican treks.




No comments: