Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Pura Vida





We have been really enjoying our visit with Kristin, Will and family. Kristin has been an amazing cook for us all. A few of us went out surfing yesterday - it was Scott´s first time. He did so well and got up quite a few times! Tamarindo is a nice town, but is very touristy and much more expensive than what we saw in San Jose. It is CRAZY hot here, but we´re starting to get used to it. Our whiteness is attracting the bugs like crazy, but we´re hoping that we start to gain a resistance so as not to have huge welts every time we get bit. The food is great, but we will probably loose some weight as we never want to eat huge meals because of the heat. That is good for our pocketbooks, though! The birds here are really amazing too. I´ve never been a huge bird lover, but the colors and sizes of them are incredible. The iguanas are so huge too - this is a nature lover´s paradise!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome stuff so far, I can't believe you got internet already. I didn't think they had electricity down there har har. Watch out for those monkeys, I always say...

Anonymous said...

If I knew this was going to be a DIET trip, I would have definitely tagged along! Looks like you guys are having a fantastic time so far -- thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Where is the picture of the monkeys urinating on Scott? Now that is a photo I'd love to see!

Anonymous said...

Who did the monkey pee on? I would have laughed so hard I would have peed my pants.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing - Sounds like fun - Glen, Sandee and Kelly